Welcome

"Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but happy is he who keeps the law." -Proverbs 29:17

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have you studied the Constitutionlately?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a

more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic

Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote

the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to

ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this

Constitution for the United States of America.
 
This is the Premeble to the Constitution of the United States. I had to memorize this in school, did you?  I am glad I did.  Now that I am homeschooling my son, and I have made him memorize it too.  We have also studied the declaration and bill of rights and other important documents for our country.  I have to say Social Studies and History are my favorite subjects.  I love learning about our founding fathers and early presidents.  That is one reason whyIi am glad I live in Virgina; living here is like being in the center of history.  Did you the first capital of the US was in Richmond?  Much of the Civil War was fought here too.  We have visited many battlefields and museums around here.  Also I think Jamestown is neat.  I have actually traced my family tree back to the Jamestown Settlement. I am proud to be an American, and I will raise my child to be proud of America too. Here is a great link on the Constitution.  http://www.rollingchrome.com/AAM/docs/USConstitution.pdf
Also I have a link to Jamestown Settlement in case anyone is wondering what that is. http://historyisfun.org/index.htm
 
Thank you for your time, Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment